Have you ever looked at really successful people, like business men or women, and just admired how confident they are? Well, being confident really pays off in acting. Knowing how to be confident isn’t exactly something that happens over night. SmartActors is at it again and has come up with tips on how to be confident.
How to be confident
- Recognize who you are. You are one of a kind, original, unique, and FABULOUS! Nobody can be you better than yourself.
- Demand success. People who sit there and question if they will be successful are timid. You have to be a go-getter. You have to demand it from yourself. Give yourself that pep talk and then do it. You can be successful if you will yourself to do it.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses. Take a good look at yourself. What do you see? A person who is good at a lot of things, and maybe not so good at a few things. Like maybe you are really good at impersonating your favorite TV star, but you are really bad at cooking. Accept these things. Grow from them. Find how to be confident by acknowledging what you are confident in.
- Face your fears. What fears and concerns do you have about your career? Don’t shy away from these fears. Be courageous and tell your fears that you are stronger than them.
- Be inspired. That girl in your acting class who is willing to fearlessly volunteer, or that guy in the book your reading who is always up for the challenge. Find people who inspire you to be who you want to be. Learn about the people who motivate you and take from their experiences.
- Fake it ‘til you make it. My go-to for plenty of situation. Slap on that smile, even if it’s as fake as could be, and plow forward. Making something a habit will build confidence. Being out of your comfort zone will fade away if you approach it with a positive attitude and keep at it.