- Lack of knowledge on the proper first steps for a beginner. See Smart Actors "How to Get Started"
- Lack of financial understanding. You need a job that is feasible with the industry. An office job will take up all of the important hours in the day needed for auditioning. See "I need a job while pursuing my career" for recommended jobs.
- Lack of knowledge about the industry. As an actor, you are supposed to know what "type" you are and what shows your "type" appear in. After that, you should know who cast for those particular shows. What agents need that "type."
- Lack of knowledge about themselves. It is key to know what makes you stand out or what makes you unique amongst tons and tons of actors. Know you niche, know who you are.
- Lack of training. Acting classes are important. In any job or career path you choose, training is mandatory. Doctors, Hair stylists, Manicurist, Lawyers, Fashion Designers, Engineers, Architecture. They all require some type of training. TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!!!!!
- Lack of knowledge of their type. Figure out what type you are and every marketing tool you have, should match that. (Headshots, Reels, Resumes)
- Lack of Business skills. Any profitable business needs great marketing. You are your business, so it is critical to market yourself properly. In this day and age, social media is a great platform for marketing yourself. See "Use Facebook to your benefit" or "Social Media Buzzing"
- Lack of understanding about Agents. An Agent is not your assistant. Letting your agent do everything is not beneficial to your career. Work with your agent on your career to get the best results. "Ask not what your agent can do for you, Ask what you can do for your agent" - Anthony Smith (Revised quote from John F. Kennedy "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.")
- Lack of motivation. What are your intentions as an actor? Do you strive to be a working actor or do you strive to be rich and famous? Is acting your passion or a hobby? My mom always says, If you are not sure if it's your passion, Ask yourself if you could do it for the rest of your life for free.
- Lack of Focus. If you do not have specific goals in place or plans to reach those goals, how do you expect them to happen. Lack of focus could easily be the line between Success and giving up. Make some short term and long term goals and put a plan in place.
Based on the advice from Anthony Smith
But many actors who appear on https://filmeseriale.live are usually very good in the roles they play.