Posted by SmartActors | Leave a comment
How to Find an Acting Coach
Finding an acting coach can really help bolster your career. This is your opportunity to grow and focus on your strengths and weaknesses. An acting coach is going to be somebody who helps you get where you want to go, but doesn’t let you look bad doing getting there.
SmartActors knows that finding an acting coach can be tough, so we put together a few tips.
- 1. Ask your agent or manager – odds are they know a few and can help you pick one out.
- 2. If you don’t like the coach your agent or manager suggested, get on Google. There are tons of options. You might even be able to speak to a few on the phone or meet in person.
You can always look on SmartActors.com as well. We have tons of world renowned and top instructors to choose from, and you can work from the comfort of your home.
- 3. Search for a coach who makes you feel like you can grow – you want an atmosphere that is going to encourage you as well as give off positivity
- 4. If you are looking at a coach with group classes, make sure you are not the top student – you want room to grow and people to challenge you
- 5. Find a coach who teaches in a way that makes sense to you – if it is a style you don’t understand, you want a strong teacher to be able to help you in the clearest way
- 6. Reputation tends to be earned, but if you don’t trust them, move on.
- 7. Most importantly: Don’t be afraid of a teacher who is going to push you and make you nervous – these can be the best situations to reaching and surpassing goals you have set for yourself.